Tuesday, January 16, 2007

GO FIGURE! / NEED I SAY MORE? III

• There’s a thing about closed doors in a corridor leading to a room you’ve never been in to. Even if you’ve passed along the corridor a hundred times, you think twice before opening any of the doors.

• I know a few people who waste their time, energy, and intelligence by convincing others to hide their true self.

• “You want to know why I tell you, you don’t love me even if you believe otherwise, because for the longest time I spent with you, you did not inspire me to be a better person.”

• A dear friend/smoker of mine attempted to quit smoking by saying, “I quit already. I didn’t smoke last night!” as he lights his cigarette after having lunch.

• “A really intelligent man feels what other men only know.” - Charles Louis de Secondat Montesquieu, Baron de (1689 – 1755)

• I’ve encountered a few people in my life where they keep their sentiments against other people and they think they’re being polite that way. However, as soon as someone pushes their buttons they declare themselves over and over again not listening to anyone else’s opinion.

• An ex once told me, “You’re too hard to reach. You’re too self-righteous.” That reply I got after saying, “Actually, there’s no such thing as white lies or big lies or any category of lies you can think of. They’re all just lies.”

• The truest friends are always there to help us through the roughest times but we all face our own demons alone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said...

but of course! otherwise they can always take the road to perdition, right marl?

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed u dear!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home