Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Marl on Friendship

I wanna tell you great things about my circle of friends. I always acknowledge their profound influence on me wherever I go or whoever I’m with. Like all great friendships, we complement each others strengths and weaknesses. What sets us apart is we allow ourselves to be who we are and who we want to be without bias or judgment. We support each others’ decisions. Furthermore, if we make a wrong decision, we’re there to support each other fully. Again, without bias or judgment. This relationship allows us to grow positively as an individual without feeling neglected or restricted. It also revolutionized our own individual thinking of what we need to decide on in our own personal lives.

We have been blessed with each others company for almost 15 years now. There are times when we don’t see each other for over a year but when we finally see each other, it’s as if we just saw each other last week. Most often than not I feel that their arms are my home. Yet, it does not hurt to be away from them because they’re in my heart. How could they not be? They bring sense into me. I lose count of all the times people are amazed how I can be so sensible in such a messed-up world. Each time it happens my heart skips a beat because they’re smiling in my heart; not to remind me but because they are a part of me.

We are a group of gay and straight guys dominated (in number) by strong independent women. All of us are single. All of us are beautiful. We have the best of times. We have closed many a number of coffee shops, cafes and restaurants. We laugh and cry in them like we’re in one of our friends’ living rooms. We talk about sex, politics, people, places, events, love, injustice, stupidity, hope, career, future, parenting, children, life, education, entertainment, the arts, food, relationships, achievements, fashion, ourselves, what-ifs, dreams, death, traveling, humor, men, women, technology, culture, shopping, sports, medicine, health, beauty, diets, fitness, books, God, religion, and nature. Just to name a few!

This post is not a tribute to them or anything like that. I don’t believe in tributes and celebrations. I don’t need a reason to buy someone a gift or wait for the right moment to appreciate someone. This post is like any other post in my blog. I talk about things of who I am. I talk about positive things that could probably shed a light to someone or share the same light with someone.

Blog is a good thing. It’s a chance to tell the rest of the world that I live. Or at least, I exist. I simply could not tell the world who I am without mentioning what my circle of friends is to me, who we are to each other and what we are to one another.

20 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes, I feel like my friends are so against me being with him. I don't understand. But I still love them like hell.

You can tell I'm sooo misaligned right now, huh?

Cheers!

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well said.. truly.. friends are there to give u some slappings whenever u most need 'em.. in the sincerest way ever.

@ Momel - Oks lang yan dearie.. sooner or later.. la din sila magagawa but to be happy for you.. db Marl??

Mwahs to you two!!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said...

lucky boy you are marl.

i've had the honor of meeting a few of your friends and boy they are smart...

stay loveable.

mwahs!

9:54 PM  
Blogger marlbaldez said...

thanks bryan anthony

12:53 AM  
Blogger marlbaldez said...

to her majesty:

Right on the dot queeny! Yeah they'll voice out their opinion once in a while with who you're currently dating but what matters to them the most is that your happy with your decisions. True friends never patronize you but support you all the way if thats what makes you happy. Whatever it is.

1:00 AM  
Blogger marlbaldez said...

for momel:

Misaligned?! Not a bit! Actually I failed to include that part in my post. You got me again. True & great friends will never be against you but boy they will voice out they're opinion loud enough for your grand children to hear them. They care for you just as much as you care bout them. I'm sure you'd do the same, right?

1:05 AM  
Blogger marlbaldez said...

now we already know friends can be trusted and can be counted on for anything. it's up for us to respect that bond. one way or the other if we hurt ourselves we hurt them too. thats why your friends act that way sometimes momel. they're concerned they don't want you to get hurt. So, next time we act on things, let's not forget to consider them a lil bit. Just a teenee winnie bit. Besides, they're happy when we're happy too.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Miss Blogger said...

I feel the same way towards my friends, Marl! It's great that we can talk about anything and everything and there's no more hiya between all of us. I can even tell a guy friend that I've this crush on him for the longest time and we just laughed. And just like Momel, when they were so against my ex, I still love them like crazy!

10:28 PM  
Blogger marlbaldez said...

Right you are SHASHA! Actually there's another thing I noticed among great friends. Especially when we've been with each other for so long. I noticed we develop a certain communication and body languages that only we seem to understand even without expressing a single word. Do you guys ever experience that? A nice example would be the "hair talks" from the shampoo commercial. Things like that. Sometimes shallow but a must in any friendship. Very useful for awkward situations.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said...

"they will voice out they're opinion loud enough for your grand children to hear them"

i thought i heard a skunk said something similar...

marl...hope your smiling over there

mwahs!

6:00 PM  
Blogger marlbaldez said...

HAHAHA! @ Bryan

Bryan you have a talent to mislead people away from topics being discussed.

Tell us something about your friends Bryan. Seriously, what's THE most profound experience you've ever shared with your closest friends?

5:21 AM  
Blogger Alternati said...

Hi Marl,
It took me this long to blogroll! hehe... Hectic workdays lately.
I love my friends too... They are the family you can choose. We come from assorted backgrounds, sexual preferences, and whatnots as well. hehe...
I am the only one of my friends who blog, some visit every now and then but don't keep one of their own. Sometimes I feel like I'm the biographer of the barkada. :)

Would love to link you up. :)

5:38 AM  
Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said...

i have definition issues with the word profound

6:17 PM  
Blogger tin-tin said...

yup, that's the great thuing about bologs. you can show the whole world how much you appreciate your friends :)

9:41 PM  
Blogger marlbaldez said...

for alternati:

I really like your posts. I even read your comments on other bloggers' posts! I really appreciate you having time to read mine...and to put a comment...WOW! thanks. A great mind is always welcome on my blog site.

5:14 AM  
Blogger marlbaldez said...

Thanks so much you guys for taking time to post your comments. Momel, tin-tin!!!!, bryan, alternati of course! her royal highness.
PS. hahaha...you know there is such a thing as a dictionary bryan. ;)

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ciao to you
miss our tete-a tetes
Zahir will be so gald to see you soon
friendshps...they are the best anchor...

anncua

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can count the number of these types of friends on jus one hand. They are the ones that still hang around as you get older. Its as if time is standing still when i read your messages. The world goes quiet around me cos there is truth in your writings...that speak to my heart and my soul.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

low cost car insurance online
car insurance quote canada
low car insurance
geico car insurance quote
best car insurance rate
tesco car insurance
car insurance policy
online auto insurance quote
in car insurance
car insurance quote online uk
car insurance cost
low car insurance
auto insurance company
auto insurance quote
new jersey car insurance
infinity car insurance
compare car insurance quote
car insurance quote canada
car insurance price
fresno car insurance
car insurance quote
progressive car insurance
geico car insurance quote
aa car insurance
discount car insurance
compare car insurance
auto insurance company
washington car insurance
usaa car insurance
washington car insurance

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
aaa car insurance

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tramadol 50mg tramadol for dogs and humans the same - buy tramadol online free shipping

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home