Saturday, August 19, 2006


I never require people to be someone their not. In fact, I get the best lessons and experiences from people who have realized who they are and not afraid to show it.

But here’s what strike me most of all; people are always worried of what other people think about who they really are. So, they opt to pretend to be someone else. I know I should be getting used to it by now but when a friend asks you for advice…uhhhh! Nothing new yet we never learn. Some people can actually take this beyond habit and even, to malignant heights!

So, what do I tell these friends, you may ask. Well…it depends. I usually categorize their situation and personality. For milder cases I tell them not to think so much about it and remind themselves what their priorities are. For “common” cases I ask them what makes them happy and follow what their heart is telling them. For some-of-the-worst cases I tell them to take a breather, do something completely different, and assure them that I’m here if anyone needs someone who can listen to them. If that doesn’t work I’d ask them to see a doctor immediately.

Notice the cycle? I dare not call it life like what most people say it is. It’s not natural at all. But it is essential…I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home